Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More from Hermana Meeks














Amy is in Panama City until this Friday so she gets to email everyday. So today she sent more pics and I wanted to share them. The women are making the alcoholic punch that they drink at their drunken five day party. She says that she loves to cut down banana trees and that the people come and get her to cut them down since she is so much taller than they are.

The crabs in the pictures that I posted yesterday were 50 cents each. I would eat crab for all three meals everyday if I was there.

She dresses in the native dress most days, however in the pics where she is so casual she said she was going to get water.

The blue paint on her nose is something that one of the members put on her. It is from some plant that they get up in the mountains.

The sugar cane she is eating comes from behind her house. She loves it.

There is also a picture of Amy's companion. She is 52 years old. She gets to talk to her family anytime she wants to so Amy is a little jealous. LOL Amy is training her.

In the picture of Amy with the children dancing she is teaching them the worm. She's still our Amy!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, I can't wait to see her!!! It's so close.

LynMarie said...

The one of her dressed in the native clothes with the women reminds me of my mission in Bolivia. I also was way taller than the people there and have pictures dressed in the native clothes. What kind of house does she live in? Is it like one of the huts in the picture? Does she have a bathroom in her house?

LynMarie said...

Where is her companion from? Is she close to the Panama Canal? Todd and I went on a cruise through there a few years back.

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

Amy is so much taller than everyone in all the pictures. How will they cut down the trees when she comes home? ;)

I am so excited to read about how she is doing.

GO HERMANA MEEKS!